Thursday, January 6, 2011

How big can you dream?



2011 is going to be a pivotal year.
I have learned to trust my instincts more.
I am not fully leveraging the strengths and skills God gave me and I am not sure how I better integrate those things into my life, but there is a deep stirring in my soul telling me more positive change is in the works. I feel Him challenging me, prodding me to take risks and ask myself the tough questions.
I’ve been told that nothing is ever good enough for me. I want too much. I dream too big. To which I say… Pa-KA-Key!!!! We are our own worst enemy. I will not stand in my own way. I will not put myself or God in a tiny box. I will not limit what is possible. I challenge you to consider the same.
ANYTHING is possible. Remember that childlike innocence we all once had? The innocence that said we could touch the stars, be president of the United States, conquer anything, have anything, and be anything? I still believe in that child. Do you?
I look around at each tiny blade of grass, the birds flying through the air, the tall trees that have lived longer than me, the blue sky, my body’s movement and its ability to heal itself, my friends, each tiny unique snow flake. God is in control. God is in everything. God will not let me down.
In 2011 I will turn my cannots into cans; my no’s into yeses, my fears into trust, my anxiety into peace, my want into reality. I will do this with God’s grace and mercy because I know He provides.
Here is my favorite quote of all time:
“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.” Marianne Williamson


If money and fear were not a factor..what would you dare to do?

3 comments:

  1. Deep thoughts, but worthy. I want to truly know Him, not just about Him in 2011.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always push me to be a better person and to always do the best that I can possibly do. You make me want to reach for the stars! I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Service. It's all about service. Jesus was questioned as to the greates command. He replied love God and love your neighbor as much as you love yourself. I believe the missing ingredient in the American Christian is service to those who have been dealt a bad hand in life. Only by serving others can we truly understand God's view of his greatest creation: us. Until we get out of our cushy church buildings and American dream lives and get our hands dirty in service to those who are unloved, we will never know what God intended for all of us: a life lived loving others.

    ReplyDelete