Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Let Me Introduce you....



Welcome to my brain. Thanks for stopping in. I'll be sharing a little about myself and my favorite things today so you can learn about my "Tate of Mind." I hope you enjoy.

I strive to keep God as the center of my life. I know that everything good has come from Him and and I would be nothing without Him. I am so grateful for God's grace and mercy every single day!

God was gracious enough to send me the most amazing gift ever, Nikki Ivey! I saw Nikki's profile on Myspace, when Myspace was still super cool. I'd never reached out to a complete stranger in my life. But I liked Nikki's fiction writing, she loved animals like I do, and she had recently gotten out of a relationship like I had. So I wrote to her looking for a pen pal of sorts. We conversed for several weeks via email. Then we met in person. What was suppose to be a "Let's drown our sorrows night" ended up being a "sparks flying" night. We had a great time. I was armed with Lisa and Nathan and seh was armed with Robin for reinforcement, but we didn't need it!




She asked me to go out on the boat with her and some friends the next day.

I told her I had to work.

She told me to play hookie.

I explained how imortant my career was.

I called one of my best friends, who also happened to work with me. I told her my predicament. She told me I would do EVERYONE a favor if I took the day off.

So I did. I showed up to Nikki's place at 7am!
However, there was no room on the boat for us!
Nikki frantically called her mother... Her mom came up with the idea for us to go to the RC Cola and Moon Pie Festival in Bell Buckle, TN... and we did.
It was a crazy fun and amazing first date.
5 years later and I am more crazy about her every single day.

She is a spiritual warrior, an amazing friend, trustworthy, she makes me laugh, we share our dreams and fears together and she is an exponential multiplier of joy and everything good in my life.

Next, Meet Mr. Dukie Pickles...


Mr. Dukie Pickles was SUPPOSED to be a foster dog... key word SUPPOSED. Of course I fell in love with him in 3 seconds flat and now he fills my heart with more love than I could ever describe. Mr. Pickles models occassionally, he has a solid grasp of sit, down, stay, circle, treat, back, and snuggle. He is great with other dogs. He loves the dog park, popcorn, french fries, peanut butter, liver treats, hanging out with kids, fetching, bathing in the sun, wearing his bathrobe after bath time, and snuggling with mom. He is still grasping the "Do not run after the neighbors or the neighbors dog" rule; the "don't bark your head off when people come to the door" rule and the "NO you cannot eat EVERYTHING in the house AT ONE TIME" rule.
Oh and of course, I should tell you a bit about me by sharing some of my favorite things (In no particular order):
I love the ocean, my dogs, scrapbooking, theatre, wine, HGTV, OWN network, Food network, the ID channel, Oprah, Rachel Ray, Ellen, picnics, cabins, tomato/mozzarella, candles, Angel perfume by Thierry Mugler, my friends, making Bath fizzies, painting ceramics, Old Navy, Chico, Sushi, photography, awesome coupon deals, Christmas time for the decorations, COFFEE!, The wizard of Oz, Wicked, Thomas Arvid Art, Flemings Steak House, Art/photo books, cruises, Europe, any kind of travel, karoake, the beach, Damien Rice, Joyce Meyers, Cindy Morgan, cooking, entertaining, developing people, being creative, and laughing a LOT!

4 comments:

  1. I don't think you played up your love of wine enough. ;) And I see no mention of hot tubs.

    ~Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first met you at a PR function for Terra I guess 5 years ago, but it doesn't seem that long. I was close to Nikki's ex and was not sure about the whole thing. I've since grown to love you like a sister and you've become one of the special people in my life. God always has a better plan. I love this blog. Actually learned some things about you from it, very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the kind words. Nikki and I often talk about God's miraculous timing. He put two people together at exactly the right time knowing we would both be exponentially better together than could be alone. She has been an inspiration and a true blessing in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you forgot to add that you have MAD rap skills! i also failed to notice a mention of hot tubs... ? ;)

    i do love your writing, and i look forward to more! let's see... topics... pick a question from your 'book of questions', post it, and post your answer.

    ReplyDelete