Monday, January 31, 2011

What would happen if you could fly anywhere?

If I had the magical ability to fly anywhere, anytime and time was not a factor, I would start in Italy. I would exploring each and every magificent city..Florence, Rome, Sicily, the Chianti region, Tuscany, Pisa, Amalfi coast, Venice...oh the possibilities!
Once I was able to explore every nook and cranny, I would be off to Greece, Turkey, Scotland, Amsterdam, Switzerland, Austria, China, Japan, Thailand, Tahiti, Egypt, The Holy Land, Russia, Alaska, Ireland, Australia, France, England... um pretty much every country I could get my hands on. My dream vacation would be one of those practically year long around the world cruises.
But yes, I would have to start with Italy.
Why?
1. I love the wine! I can only imagine exploring the wine country, learning about the trade from locals.
2. I love cheese. Just thinking about visiting parma makes me drool!
3. The cooking. Hanging out with locals and making authentic Italian food.. YUM!
4. The country side- gorgeous, historic, epic!
5. The architecture. There is something about old buildings that have been around for hundreds of years. They are so mysterious...who was there before me? How did the building get created? What events took place here?
6. The pictures. I will love looking back 5, 10, 15 years from now thinking back on my time in Italy.

Nikki and I would eat Mozzarella/Tomato sandwiches, eat 20lbs of cheese a piece, drink 20 bottles of wine, shops in Venice, drive the coast, stay in B&B's, walk along the coast, learn a little Italian, shop in local markets, cook and drink with the locals, stare at art work, stare at people, stare at fountains and buildings. Yes, Italy will be amazing!!!!

What about you? What would happen if you could fly anywhere?

No comments:

Post a Comment