Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Welcome 2011... The year of anything can happen if I dream it!


Every year I write my goals for the following year and recap the previous year to hold myself accountable and review progress.
2010 goals in review:
-Continue to prioritize my relationship with God and my relationship with Nikki in every opportunity. Nikki and I made a lot of progress this year. We continue to pray at every meal and pray every morning before our day gets started. We started a small bible study group in our home, which we host once week. We started running the church couples ministry. And I did two different small theatre skits. We definitely met more people at church this year and were more plugged in for sure! Oh yeah and we went to see Joyce Meyers, which rocked!
-Get Duke registered with Delta Society and Reading Paws so we can visit schools and nursing homes together Duke is doing great, but I need to work with him more, so we can get him past the “neutral dog” test
-Travel abroad Most of our travel this year was inland, but we did do a fabulous Caribbean cruise on Celebrity, where we got to visit 3 new countries..Awesome. Plus we went to Atlanta, Florida, Chicago, Milwaukee, and a few small weekend trips.
-Create a longer term strategy around future wealth. I want 6 digits in my income and 7 digits in my portfolio. I won't stop until I figure out a way to make that happen. I am still trying to figure out what God’s long term plan is for me. I know He has something amazing in store, I just need to do a little more baking before I am ready
-Buy an RV for weekend travel –Moved to 2011 goals
-Get to freaking Italy –Moved to 2011 goals
I will be working on categorizing 2011 goals and making them as specific as possible, so I can mark them as I go, but here is my first stab:
· Get back to the weight I was when I met Nikki :)

·Continue success with couples ministry and small group
· Yoga once a week
· Home cooked healthy meals three times per week
· Take 1 finance, 1 cooking, and 1 architecture class
· Do 1 theatre production this year
· Get car and credit card paid off
· Visit my brother in Conn
· GO TO ITALY
· Buy a small RV
· Dance once a week with Nikki
· Send or give Nikki a card once a week
· Have Nikki play the guitar for me every week
· Have a huge garage sale and get rid of unneeded crap
· Power wash the house
· Paint the ramp on the back deck
· Blog 2 times a week
· Organize our closets
· Drink 3 glasses of water a day
· Write poetry once a month
· Read the bible at least 3 times a week
· Get Duke past the Neutral dog” test
· Really think about a long term strategy on career..how do I find something that really leverages my strengths?


Other goals for the future: A Mediterranean cruise, visit wine country in CA, new kitchen appliances and a granite counter top.

I know I added a lot of “cost” items.. so I will be having yard sales, learning about Ebay, selling excess gold, bath fizzies, selling old books, movies, cd’s, counting change, and coming up with other inventive ideas.
If you have some LEGAL and realistic ideas on how to make some extra cash, let me know :)

No comments:

Post a Comment